Today's Wisdom

Those who do not pass from the experience of the cross to the truth of the resurrection condemn themselves to despair! For we cannot encounter God without first crucifying our narrow notions of a god who reflects only our own understanding of omnipotence and power
Pope Francis

Monday, June 3, 2013

Resolution to Personal Conflict

Following yesterday's correspondence on the reality of conflict, I received two emails from readers one congratulating me on winning the Best Bulletin Award presented by the Knights of Columbus and the second encouraging me to stay faithful to the Catholic Church.
Most significantly I received a phone call from my best friend who was present in the outing with our close friends on Saturday. He first clarified to me that no one intended to mock me then he advised me to relax my tone when speaking with others as possibly my style of speaking or tone could generate unnecessary tensions between friends. The person that I singled out yesterday as criticizing me and my pride did not direct his criticism to me but to all who were listening. He meant it in a purely Christian fellowship. I reflected on the above points and think that my best friend really has my best interest from his point of view. I believe that what my best friend said is not only wise but also God-send in the sense that we can never judge the intentions of others. I resolve to ask everyone whom I hurt in the past to forgive me. Christian love demands listening to others, patience, and above all forgiveness. I further resolve that I will do my best to communicate my ideas in a better tone to friends and others with God's help. Of course this applies also to my future lectures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Quote

"Behold I make all things new." (Revelation 21:5)







Websites

See Links to Websites Below