Today's Wisdom

Those who do not pass from the experience of the cross to the truth of the resurrection condemn themselves to despair! For we cannot encounter God without first crucifying our narrow notions of a god who reflects only our own understanding of omnipotence and power
Pope Francis

Monday, August 6, 2012

God's work in the little and great souls today!

In this age of selfishness and materialism, I am grateful to God who allowed me to meet a number of great persons in the wedding of my nephew Edward with the down-to-earth Teresa Di Mascio. Teresa is very much the image of her mom who takes care of everyone around her. I always found Edward to be a caring person, but now I found many other souls who attended the wedding too. I think his upbringing in the love of God by his dear parents my twin brother Shaker and my sister in- law Marjia made a significant impression on his development as a man of great integrity. Marija too continues to inspire me for her dedication to the Church and her services to her family.

In the wedding I met many but here I will mention only a few. First: Stefania, a hero for us in accepting her long suffering and her love of the Lord. Second: Her daughter Mary, a teacher, and caring person of her mother and dad throughout their suffering and ageing. Third: Andrea, an organist at the local Church who plays as a volunteer in the Masses, an open-minded person, as well as her husband Steve who is a member of the Knights of Columbus. Steve's story is an impressive one in terms of giving to the point that he was elected Grand Knight  of his Knights of Columbus Council in Acton a couple of years ago and his story was published in the State Bulletin. That evening was a gift from God; for I was introduced to some of the souls that are accepting their suffering with diseases, the careless world around them with a smile, and volunteering or rather investing their time in serving those others who are in need.

In the 4th century, St. Basil the Great, Archbishop of Constantinople, built a city for the needy and sick. He also said that as Mary the Mother of God delivered Christ to the world for the world's salvation, so too Christians must deliver Christ to the world in their commitment and services. When Blessed Pope John XXIII said that in this age the Church still bears many saints, some argued that he was too optimistic, but John XXIII went all the way in the Church's reforms through Vatican II which proved to be the greatest gift of God to his Church in the 20th century.

And back to my little world today, I dare to hope in God's mercy. It is true that Christ works through all in order to bring all to his Father. It is a matter of us accepting to work with him as he invites everyone of us to participate in his salvific work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Quote

"Behold I make all things new." (Revelation 21:5)







Websites

See Links to Websites Below