Today's Wisdom

Those who do not pass from the experience of the cross to the truth of the resurrection condemn themselves to despair! For we cannot encounter God without first crucifying our narrow notions of a god who reflects only our own understanding of omnipotence and power
Pope Francis

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Coronavirus - Read One More Time

On March 31, 2020, the Jesuit Holy Father Pope Francis celebrated Mass in the chapel...As always his homily was magnificent as he spoke about the journey of the Israelite people in the desert and the serpent the image of evil - It is how Jesus made himself sin for us - He did not sin but took upon himself our sins on the cross - The cross is our light - In being abandoned Jesus entrusted himself to the Father - Let us contemplate about this and help the needy and people stranded in the streets. Open up yourself to the Lord...You may wish to listen to the Gospel reading and the homily.
See the entire Mass here transmitted by Shalom World https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaEiYKJKCck

The Gospel Reading:
Jesus said to the Pharisees:
“I am going away and you will look for me,
but you will die in your sin.
Where I am going you cannot come.”
So the Jews said,
“He is not going to kill himself, is he,
because he said, ‘Where I am going you cannot come’?”
He said to them, “You belong to what is below,
I belong to what is above.
You belong to this world,
but I do not belong to this world.
That is why I told you that you will die in your sins.
For if you do not believe that I AM,
you will die in your sins.”
So they said to him, “Who are you?”
Jesus said to them, “What I told you from the beginning.
I have much to say about you in condemnation.
But the one who sent me is true,
and what I heard from him I tell the world.”
They did not realize that he was speaking to them of the Father.
So Jesus said to them,
“When you lift up the Son of Man,
then you will realize that I AM,
and that I do nothing on my own,
but I say only what the Father taught me.
The one who sent me is with me.
He has not left me alone,
because I always do what is pleasing to him.”
Because he spoke this way, many came to believe in him.

On Sunday March 29, 2020, the Jesuit scholar Fr. Henri Boulad gave a homily about the man born blind in the Gospel (John 9:1-41) in which Fr. Boulad said that the Jewish authorities were committing a sin against the Spirit as they refused to recognize how could Jesus heal the blind man on the Sabbath - [You were born totally in sin, and are you trying to teach us?” Then they threw him out.] - In French here...

Associated with Stanford University, in this interview recorded on March 25, 2020 Peter Robinson talks to John B. Taylor, the Hoover Institution’s George P. Shultz Senior Fellow in Economics. They discuss the huge impact of the COVID-19 virus on the US and world economy, the likely impact of the federal government's multitrillion-dollar relief efforts, and what the economy might look like as we get to the other side of this crisis. See it here.

On March 31, 2020 I received the following message from a top researcher and cardiologist in both Canada and the United States - Here it is...

I am overwhelmed by COVID-19 emails from the hospital, medical organizations and friends (there is a significant cardiac component that may be present in those who are ill). My colleagues at the hospital and the support workers right through to the cleaners are real heroes risking themselves for us.. 

There are a multitude of multi centre and multi-country fast-track trials searching for currently available drugs that may be of benefit. I believe we will have some promising answers in the next 4-6 weeks. At present the benefits of drugs such as hydroxychloroquine and azrithromycin or remdesivir or even plasma transfusion from recovered patients remain to be proven despite the hype. While awaiting trial results they are also being tried on a hopeful compassionate basis but results are mixed. 

Groups all around the world are cooperating and desperately looking to defeat our common enemy. Undoubtedly we will have a vaccine in a year or so (takes that long to show it is safe and effective). 

Groups all around the world are cooperating and desperately looking to defeat our common enemy

This is a truly frightening disease - especially for us older people. April will be a very bad month unfortunately. We are confining ourselves to our house with no visitors - period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Quote

"Behold I make all things new." (Revelation 21:5)







Websites

See Links to Websites Below