Today's Wisdom

Those who do not pass from the experience of the cross to the truth of the resurrection condemn themselves to despair! For we cannot encounter God without first crucifying our narrow notions of a god who reflects only our own understanding of omnipotence and power
Pope Francis

Saturday, April 13, 2019

Thanks to Jesus

Today I turned 65. I am blessed by my beloved Lord, God, and Saviour Jesus Christ for everything that he gave me since my conception in the womb of my mother. I thank the all-merciful loving God for the many graces that he gave me to sustain me whether spiritually, physically, or psychologically. I thank God for my father and my mother, both of blessed memory, who sacrificed much for me and my brothers...I thank you my God for my wife who has always been with me, and my children who take care of my needs. I thank you for my brothers and sisters-in-law, for their sons and daughters  and their families. I thank you my God for the great doctors that gave me their best talents and care when I needed it, for their assistants, and for the nurses who cheerfully served me when hospitalized. I thank you Jesus for the great spiritual directors who guided me and those of them who continue to guide me. I recall here the late Bishop Paul Antaki the Great who influenced me in my youth days as well as the Jesuit scholars Fr. Henri Boulad and Fr. Samir Khalil Samir, Msgr. Robert Nusca, Fr. Daniel Callam, Fr. Georges Farah, Most Reverend Bishops Ibrahim Ibrahim, Joseph Jules Zerey, Georges Bakar, Cardinal Thomas Collins, Fr. Magdi Allawi, and many other priests, scholars, and researchers who influenced me. I thank you for the youth and students that I taught at Jesus the King parish and their leader who gave me a great gift in January 2007. I thank you too for older adults who listened to me at Jesus the King and follow my posts here. I thank you for the Knights of Columbus who helped me in their charitable work especially for Christians in the Middle East as well as your servants at the Catholic Near East Welfare Agency, The Church in Need, and other Christian organizations that serve many persecuted Christians in Africa, and Asia.
Resources that could help Christians seeking God:
The Catholic Encyclopedia; Catechism of the Catholic ChurchIgnatius Insight ; The Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola; The Immaculate Virgin Mary Mother of God; History of Christianity; "Give us our daily bread"; St. Jean-Baptiste Vianney; St. Athanasius the Great and his writings on the Incarnation of the Word; Magis Center by Fr. Robert Spitzer, S.J., PhD. and Associates; Dr. Peter Kreeft on Christianity and Philosophy; Joseph Ratzinger on the Resurrection;The Jesuit Henri de Lubac on the Mystical Body of Christ; Aidan Nichols O.P.; Dr. Scott Hahn on Biblical Studies; St. Thomas Aquinas and Thomism...St. George the Megalomartyr; St. Rita of Cascia; St. Thérèse of Lisieux...
Lord Jesus Christ, who thirsts for nourishing us with his body and blood in the Eucharist, have mercy on me a sinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Quote

"Behold I make all things new." (Revelation 21:5)







Websites

See Links to Websites Below