Today's Wisdom

Those who do not pass from the experience of the cross to the truth of the resurrection condemn themselves to despair! For we cannot encounter God without first crucifying our narrow notions of a god who reflects only our own understanding of omnipotence and power
Pope Francis

Sunday, January 19, 2014

A War Rages

On Sunday morning the Knights of Columbus marched in St. Alphonsus Roman Catholic parish in Toronto and installed a Council with the blessings of Fr. Jim as the Chaplain of the new Council, the youngest yet in Toronto. It was within the Mass that started at 11:15 am - an official celebration for the parish. As I congratulated the active pastor, the Grand Knight and the Deputy Grand Knight, I was introduced to Knights on the teams of State and District Councils. My whole purpose was to bring togetherness between Jesus the King Melkite Catholic parish which I serve and the parish of St. Alphonsus which I intend to serve too. Much needs to be done, but it was a moment that I cherished when the prayer for Christian unity was uttered. The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity started yesterday January 18. In unity Christians will become strong but who really remembers the directives of Vatican II? I had already sent an email to the Grand Knight about major projects that are already undertaken by the Knights at Jesus the King including Food for Syria (http://foodforsyria.org/) which provides food and medicine for the needy in Syria where the war still rages, more than a hundred thousand were killed and over a million have been displaced. God willing I will attempt to renew the efforts to bridge the concerns and aspirations of Eastern and Western Christians at the level of these two Councils.

In the evening I learned of the sudden passing away of lady in my extended family. This reminded me of the urgency to prepare ourselves for the life with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today's Quote

"Behold I make all things new." (Revelation 21:5)







Websites

See Links to Websites Below